Placing your first order with MP can be a little daunting, but I quickly learned how to navigate their website and, especially, how to save money the MP way, and that is what I want to share with you!
Order when they have free shipping.
You can also get free shipping during various homeschool conventions, including their own Sodalitas conference coming up July 11 and 12, where they will ship to you for free if you place an order with them while you are there. Sodalitas is offered both in-person in Louisville, Kentucky, and online!
Save with bundles.
Get the biggest discount with their core curriculum packages.
- You can customize a core. You can remove books and swap one level of a book (like Latin) out for another and still get the core discount as long as it is a subject that is normally part of a core package. For example, my son in fourth grade does not need math or spelling because we use a different curriculum for those. He also needs a different level of cursive, and I got him Greek Alphabet, which is in the seventh grade core, but not fourth. MP let me do all of that, no problem, and gave me the core discount on them. I also needed some individual books in the recommended read-aloud collection for his grade. Those are NOT normally in a core package, so I will not get a discount on those.
- Simple changes can be done online, but others will need a phone call or email to MP Customer Service. The only subject you can remove online is math, and there is also no way for me to add Greek Alphabet that will trigger the discount, so I called MP to get their help - and they are really the best!
Do order your core curriculum from Memoria Press directly.
- You will know you are getting the most recent edition. Sometimes other websites have older ones.
- MP will load your customer account with tests and quizzes from teacher manuals you order, so you can print them instead of copying them.
- MP will sometimes also give you digital lesson plans for things you buy that are not part of your core curriculum package (for example, I got first grade cursive for my third grade son last year, and they included those extra lesson plans for me). If you buy your curriculum someplace else, you can still get lessons plans, but you will pay about $5 for them (well worth it for me, but it’s nice to get them for free).
- If you order from them and a new edition comes out down the road, MP will give you an updated teacher edition.