I’m Kristi Bothur, a Christian wife and mother, as well as an author, blogger, consultant, educator and speaker. I call South Carolina home, but it's the first place I've lived more than five or six years. I moved here in the late 1990s to attend seminary at Columbia International University, met my husband, and except for a year-long teaching sting in China, I have lived here ever since. Our daughter is a true GRITS (girl raised in the south) and even speaks with a Southern accent, much to the chagrin of her Yankee parents.
- As an Author – I have contributed to two e-books:
- As a Blogger – I blog at This Side of Heaven where I _____________. I’m also a regular contributor for Columba City Moms Blog and have guest blogged (is that a word) at ______________
- As a Consultant – I am an ESOL Consultant for our local school district, calling on my 14 years of classroom teaching experience.
- As an Educator – I have been a "professional" educator since ___, all in the field of ESOL (English for Speakers of Other Languages) and now educate my children at home with the Classical Conversations curriculum and approach, with whom I am also an Abecedarian tutor.
- As a Speaker – I have presented at ESOL and teaching conferences many times in my teaching career, and currently am creating a course for classroom teachers working with ESOL students. Now I am also branching out to speak to women's groups about the journey of faith God has carried me on through infertility, pregnancy loss, and pregnancy after loss - but the message is applicable to anyone dealing with a stressful time in life.
- at At this season of my life, I am looking for opportunities to speak at conferences that encourage Christian women and mothers, inspires homeschool parents in implementing the Charlotte Mason method and empowering bloggers.