Placing my first order with MP last spring was a little daunting, but I quickly learned how to navigate their website and, especially, how to save money the MP way, and that is what I want to share with you!
Order when they have free shipping.
You can also get free shipping during various homeschool conventions, including their own Sodalitas conference coming up July 12 and 13, where they will ship to you for free if you place an order with them while you are there.
Save with bundles.
Get the biggest discount with their core curriculum packages.
- You can customize a core. You can remove books and swap one level of a book (like Latin) out for another and still get the core discount as long as it is a subject that is normally part of a core package. For example, my son going into fourth grade does not need math or spelling because we use a different curriculum for those. He also needs a different level of cursive, and I want to add Greek alphabet, which is normally part of the seventh grade package, not fourth grade. MP will let me do all of that, no problem, and will give me the core discount on them. I also need some individual books in the recommended read-aloud collection for his grade. Those are NOT normally in a core package, so I will not get a discount on those.
- Simple changes can be done online, but others will need a phone call or email to MP Customer Service. The only subject you can remove online is math, and there is also no way for me to add Greek Alphabet that will trigger the discount, so I will call MP to get their help - and they are really the best!
Do order your core curriculum from Memoria Press directly.
- You will know you are getting the most recent edition. Sometimes other websites have older ones.
- MP will load your customer account with tests and quizzes from teacher manuals you order, so you can print them instead of copying them. They will also give you digital lesson plans for things you buy that are not part of your core curriculum package. If you buy your curriculum someplace else, you can still get lessons plans, but you will pay about $5 for them (well worth it for me, but it’s nice to get them for free).
- If you order from them and a new edition comes out down the road, MP will give you an updated teacher edition.
Right now, they also have a coupon code to save 10% on all read-aloud sets! Just use the coupon Read10Aloud21.